Thursday, December 3, 2015

TTBH #3: Christmas Crafts

Welcome to the 3rd edition of Teaching Together Blog Hop! I'm sure by now you can tell my blog has been taken over by the Christmas spirit and our schooling has been no different! Here are a few fun crafts we have been working on together.

I was feeling festive when I decided to create an DIY mitten matching game. I had Kinsey help me pick out decorations for each pair of mittens and then had her color them (this is completely optional. I just have an artsy girl.). 

Afterwards, I glued the cards onto Christmas scrapbook paper, laminated them and then cut them out (I measured mine out 2 x 2.5 inches). And let the fun begin! Does it even need to be stated that she pretty much beats me every time?

If you want your own mitten matching game, please feel free to download these! Just click the link above to download and print.
paper chain Christmas tree

To work on Kinsey's cutting skills I had her cut out strips of paper so we could recreate this cute Christmas tree paper chain (thanks to Nina for sharing this!) I stapled the strips, assembled and we are now down 3 chains.


And keeping with fine motor activities, we used pipe cleaners and jingle bells for some threading (eye- hand coordination) practice. And they make for some jangly bracelets too :)  

 And they make for some jangly bracelets too :)  


Grab a button and link up with Courtney, Amanda, Beth, Courtney and me!




Linking up with Annie and Natalie and Vanessa.
Pinterest_Hover Instagram Google_Plus Facebook
Email Twitter Goodreads Bloglovin

Work it Mommy
Work it Mommy


13 comments:

  1. What awesome ideas. That jingle bracelet would be all the rage in these parts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these ideas! I've made matching cards for Cam before, but not Christmas ones. I think i'll add it to my craft list this month. I think the jingle bracelet is my favorite though. Cam needs to work on his cutting skills, so making the links is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a good idea to have them help make the matching game!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these ideas! Mac is obsessed with cutting right now - I'm totally stealing the paper chain tree idea! Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. All such great and cute projects!! I'm loving that tree! What a fun idea. The jingle bells are so great too!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, you made the tree! I still want to make that as well. We are already a day behind on our advent calendar though, so by the time I get around to it we'll probably only need 12 links ;) Matching games used to be my favorite as a kid. I have a feeling Ez would beat me now though. He has a surprisingly good memory. Also, sleep deprivation isn't doing me any favors.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all so great and festive. I especially love the Christmas tree countdown. Great job, mama!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, so first of all...do you have your own laminator?!?! Totally jealous!!!! I'm a bit nerdy of those sorts of things!
    Homemade matching!? Totally down! Lily could seriously cut stuff all the live long day. It's a bit ridiculous.
    Totally down for those jingle jangle bracelets! Lily would be all over that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember my mom cutting strips of coloured paper and we would make crafts out of them. It was one of my favourite activities as a child! I love that you made these into a Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love these! I do not craft with Liam nearly enough, but I think we are going to attempt a gingerbread house this year... A baking/crafting combo if you will!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all these ideas!!! Arden loves a good game of memory...and that Christmas tree paper chain is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, so cute! Great job friend. We may need to make one of those paper chain trees.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. You make my day and put a smile on my face :) I respond to every comment so let's start a conversation, shall we?!